Avoid Mold! Smartbottle™ is a mold-free water bottle
In addition to potential toxins from the materials used in metal reusable water bottles, there is also a risk of contamination from bacteria or other microorganisms that may be present in the bottle. This contamination can occur if the bottle is not properly cleaned after each use or if it is stored in an environment where bacteria are present such as a locker or gym bag. Bacteria can cause serious illnesses such as food poisoning or even death if ingested. The limiting factor with metal bottles is the inability to see mold despite rinsing with vinegar or hot water. Smart bottles are transparent bottles that allow you to ensure you don’t have growing in your bottle.
Keep your water toxin free!!! Smartbottle™ is a lead-free water bottle
The concerns about BPA leaching into water from toxic plastics encouraged a move to metal bottles. It was thought that they were more environmentally sustainable and a safer alternative to plastic. Think again! Toxicity in metal reusable water bottles is a growing concern due to the potential for the release of harmful chemicals, including lead. Metal water bottles are often made from aluminum, stainless steel, or other metals. While these materials are generally considered safe for drinking, they can still leach small amounts of toxins into the liquid. There have been many recalls of popular brands of metal water bottles due to lead contamination. The acceptable limit for lead is 90 ppm (this is the standard regulations worldwide for lead content) , some children’s water bottles have been tested and shown to have 100% lead in PARTS of the bottle!
Aluminum is one of the most common metals used in metal water bottles and it has been linked to some health concerns. Aluminum can leach into the water from the bottle, especially if it is exposed to acidic liquids such as fruit juices or sports drinks; in addition, these bottles should not be heated or cleaned in the dishwasher. The aluminum can then be absorbed by the body and accumulate over time, potentially leading to health problems such as Alzheimer’s disease and kidney damage.
Stainless steel is another popular material used in metal reusable water bottles. While stainless steel does not leach toxins into the water like aluminum does, it can still release small amounts of nickel and chromium which can be toxic if ingested in large quantities. Additionally, some stainless steel bottles may contain bisphenol A (BPA) which is a known endocrine disruptor that has been linked to reproductive issues and cancer.
Smart Bottle, the Environmental choice!
For those concerned about their impact on the environment, Smart Bottle is clearly a good choice. The bottle is extremely lightweight, depending on the size, it weighs 19-27 grams. Its carbon footprint is 1/50th that of a metal bottle.
One Smartbottle™ used 365 times eliminates approximately 15.67 pounds of single use PET plastic bottle waste going to landfills and oceans.
The Smartbottle™ can last a lifetime but should you decide to dispose of it, it is fully recyclable.
Sip Smarter, Not Harder with our Eco-Friendly Smart Bottle!!!!
- Medical-grade polypropylene
- FDA approved
- Square shape prevents damage and denting
- Freezer safe
- Lightweight, 19-27 grams
- Lasts a lifetime